Oculus Go is an amazing VR headset that can transform anything into virtual reality. Connecting the Oculus Go to smartphones and tablets is a super-easy and quick process.
However, things can get tricky if you need to connect the Oculus Go to PC, as it is not devised to be used with PC.
The good news here is that you can still connect the Oculus Go to PC easily by following this easy, step-by-step guide.
In this blog post, we have put together all the steps in an action-based guide, that is easy to follow.
Connecting Oculus Go to PC – Steps
Nobody should miss the opportunity to enjoy PC games, and video content on augmented reality. Although connecting the Oculus Go is a little tricky, still, by following the steps given below, you can easily connect the Oculus Go to PC to enjoy the content.
Steps for Connecting Oculus Go to PC:
- First of all, you need to download and launch Steam on your PC.
- Now, launch the Bigscreen Data by right-clicking on the Steam library.
- You will now see an option saying “Remote Desktop Streaming Client“.
- There will be now options of various environment types on the screen, you can choose the environment that suits your style and preference.
- Alongside the environment, you can also choose the resolution, and refresh rate options.
- After you have selected all these options, head to the Oculus Go, and start the Bigscreen Beta.
- Select the preferred environment type, and select the Remote Desktop option.
- When you will click the Start option, you will be shown a Room ID on your screen (keep it handy, as you will be needing it shortly).
- Head back to the PC, and you will be asked to enter the Room ID, put the room ID shown on the Oculus go device.
- Select the resolution and refresh rate, and click the Connect button.
- You can now watch all of your PC content on the Oculus Go.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Connect Oculus Go VR Headset to PC?
Yes, you can connect the Oculus Go VR headset to PC wirelessly by using the Steam application. There is no option to connect the Oculus Go VR headset to a PC by a wired connection.
Is it Possible to Use the Oculus Go Headset as a Monitor for Our PC?
Yes, by using the Steam application, you can use the Oculus Go headset as a wireless monitor for your PC. Above, we have compiled all the steps that you need to follow for connecting the Oculus Go headset to PC.
Is the Oculus Go a Wireless Device?
Yes, the Oculus Go VR headset is a wireless device, and you can easily connect it to Android phones, iPhones, Tablets, as well as PCs, which makes it one of the most popular VR headsets available in the market.
Oculus Go is a wireless headset that allows you to wirelessly enjoy your favorite content in VR. As it’s a wireless headset, people believe that they cannot connect it to the PC.
It’s not true, you can connect the Oculus Go to PC using the Steam application. In the above-provided guide, we have compiled all the steps that you need to follow for connecting the Oculus Go headset to PC.
If you are facing any issues with connecting the Oculus Go headset to PC, tell us in the comments section below, and we would love to help you with the issue.